However there is one thing that I can honestly say I am now, and that is my life has changed for the better. I would not have changed this experience for the world. For all the tea in china, all the diamonds and pearls in the world. (And other such banal clichés)
Last night when I was riding my bicycle around the city I realised how precious these days are, but also it made me wonder why this feeling would be any different when I return to England. England is not Italy, and Italy is not England, but they have one thing in common and that is myself. I may leave Italy, but it will never leave me. My heart is full of it.
Puoi arrivare da qualsiasi parte, nello spazio e nel tempo, dovunque tu desideri. - Il Gabianno Jonathan Livingston, Richard Bach.
Dear Rebecca, even if I don't comment too much any blog I can assure that I read some of them. This one is one of them. I honestly ever loved your way to write. Quite easy for me (a not English speaker) and, in the meantime, never ordinary, never something of expected.
ReplyDeleteBut today you did more. Today you deeply touched the heart of a poor old Italian torinese. It's hard to read ""I may leave Italy, but it will never leave me"" without to be moved. Italy and Torino would deserve more (italian) young people like you and now let me admit what happened many many years ago.
I was seventeen and my father sent me in England for a month to learning English. There wasn't Erasmus either the internet yet. Unfortunately. It was my very first experience abroad where I had to manage myself without my family. When I left England I took a piece of it into my heart and never left it and I'm still in touch -after more than 35 years- with the family where I lived with.
I'm sorry about this so long comment (I would have emailed it but I don't know your email address). Loving, as said, your style of writing and your point of views, I'd be happy in future you will notify me another blog you think to start. You can do it in many ways but also at ikol22@gmail.com.
Ciao Rebecca ti Auguro ogni bene e ogni felicità per il tuo futuro di studentessa e di donna. Con affetto, fabrizio.
I fogot. Yes, your friend told you right. The last day of school it's tradition to go to play with water in Piazza Castello. I am sure you will have notice of the day chosen by tam-tam on the net / uni etc.
ReplyDeleteGrazie mille Fabrizio! Ho dato un email a te :)
ReplyDelete