Monday, June 21, 2010

On being productive

Today I have been very busy. Mostly due to avoidance. It is at these times that suddenly it becomes very important to check whether all your pens work, do all your washing, and have a 'sort out'. My parents know very well what I am like in that I hoard and hoard and hoard for months on end, get sick of it all and spend hours with piles of things ordered into piles of importance. So you can imagine what my collection of 'stuff' is like in Italy. Un sacco di nulla! Lots of postcards, bits of paper, 'bits and bobs', gelato spoons, tickets. However, I don't keep quite everything (unlike my lovely friend Monica!)
In fact today I found it very necessary to do this with my pens for at least 10 minutes, I don't exactly know why, but it appeals to my aesthetics.




The weather is once again beautiful, always changing. In fact Torino has a motto which I think originates from when the Olympics were held here which is:

"Torino, non sta mai ferma" - Turin, always on the move" - Questa è la verità!

I think it is a good motto to live by, and I need to remember in these sad times of seemingly endless goodbyes, that there are plenty of hellos in the future! Today I have been listening to this song a lot:


Jovanotti -  L'ombelico del Mondo
It reminds me of the Murazzi...



No comments:

Post a Comment