Sunday, June 6, 2010

SIGNORINA! STA PIOVENDO!

And so, the end to another week of unbearable heat in Torino with another beautifully refreshing rainstorm. It falls straight down like film rain, barely stopping for breath as it rolls of the rooftops onto the balconies. Here I am, with my books, breathing in the air which has been so oppressively absent for the rest of the day. I want to run in it, swim in it and let it cover me entirely. People scream as they rush by on the streets, by the river, and, I imagine, in their houses while they try to frantically close the windows on nature. There is nothing to fear.... it is just water afterall, falling from the heavens in the most delightful way possible.

1 comment:

  1. Some years ago, after a long Winter without snow and rain, when finally rained I walked all around my block without any umbrella or hat. People I guessed were staring at me like an UFO. I definitely love rain !

    ReplyDelete