Friday, December 10, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

I bloody love Christmas.
I think I say this on average at least once a day in the month of December, and plenty of other times in the months preceding it. But I do. I am an unashamedly Christmas sort of person, and there is nothing I like more than the slight hint of sleigh bells in pop songs, crunchy snow and the iridescent glow of fairy lights.

One of my favourite things to do is wrap presents, because it makes me think about what the person will think when they open them - the vague thrill of 'will-they-like-it-will-they-really-like-it?!'

When I have found my camera battery charger, I will post some breath-takingly beautiful photographs I took in Victoria Park of the recent frosty/snow which is sadly all gone now. Everything looks so grey without a dusting of nature's icing sugar, but at least the pavements are less likely to slip away underneath you without it.

x

I could hardly leave without this.... the very image of Christmas. A ski lodge, in the 80s, tinsel and inordinate amounts of snow.

Wham! - Last Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment