Tuesday, August 3, 2010

La vita è le belle scarpe

New shoes, old shoes, going-out shoes, 'I'll wear them one day' shoes, Sunday shoes, sensible shoes ...
We only have one pair of feet, but most of us have a few more pairs of those foot coverings which promise the world in the shop, but which become torturously painful within ten minutes of real life.

There is just something so wonderful about shoes. Whenever I wear my emerald green moccasins (which is quite often because they are so comfortable it is more like slipping your feet into a marshmallow) I smile. And other people smile too. Perhaps they are laughing at me. But I don't really mind. The reason I am thinking about shoes is, I have just bought a new pair. I don't want to think about how many I have already, but these are some rather sensible brogues, with a slight heel. I say rather sensible... as they are pale pink. But that is half of the fun.

Shoes have provided endless inspiration for musicians, artists, writers and directors for many years.

Paolo Nutini - New Shoes

Van Gogh

The Red Shoes, a film by Michael Powel based on the tale by Hans Christian Andersen



I of course own a pair of red shoes, but they are very sparkly and sequinned and resemble probably the most famous shoes of all ... 
The Wizard of Oz



***

The Red Shoes - Trailer
In glorious technicolour!



Well I think that's about all for today! Baci!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have red shoes, of course, but I owned a pair of Saxon at your age even if I've never found them comfortable. Then I wore Clark for years :-) --- I like Paolo Nutini that I heard for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sono contenta che ti piace Paolo Nutini - credo lui è mezzo Italiano!
    Secondo me Italia è il primo posto nel mondo per le scarpe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah Rebecca don't you find funny that I write in English saying I loved English shoes (true) and you reply to me in Italian saying that Italy it's at first place in the world about shoes (true again) ? :-) --- About Nutini, yes his father comes from Tuscany and his mother is Scottish like him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Si è strano e divertento! Penso che è la stessa cosa per noi, vogliamo usare una lingua diversa - comunque diciamo il contrario!

    Quando ero piccola mia mamma ha comprato le scarpe per me da Clarks perche infatti la qualità è cosi bene, e forse è più importante per i piedi piccoli! ... Pero, ora, usualmente compro i tacchi altissimi!

    ReplyDelete