Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Torino, A Love Letter



Un anno fa stavo vivendo a Torino, una città meravigliosa nel nord Italia. Non è la più bella città del mondo, o la più importante, neanche la più grande, ma per me è tutte queste cose. Quando sono arrivata a Torino ero timida e malinconica ma fra pochi mese ho cambiato totalmente. Ho iniziato a vedere 'la vie en rose'. Non posso dire quanto mi manca la città ogni giorno, ma ora il dolore non è tanto, e posso sapere che la mia vita ha il stesso potenziale in qualsiasi posto.... Torino mi ha dato questa conoscenza!


Grazie per la città, il buon caffè, la mia bicicletta, la passeggiata... ma sopra di tutto, i miei bravi amici.








A year ago I was living in Turin, a simply marvellous city in the North of Italy. It isn't the most beautiful city in the world, or the most important, or even the biggest, but for me it is all of these things. When I arrived in Turin I was sad and shy but a few months later I had changed completely. I started to see 'la vie en rose'. I cannot put into words how much I miss it everyday, but now the pain has lessened considerably and I can see that life wherever I am has the potential to be spectacular... but it was Turin which showed me this, and for this I thank it from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you Torino for your good coffee, my bicycle, the evening walks, but above all thank you for the brilliant friends I met there. 

1 comment:

  1. Mos of Torinesi (people born and living in Torino), feel touched by your words and one of them, wiped away a tear

    ReplyDelete