Tuesday, July 26, 2011

London and Life

Hello there.
I don't write very much these days do I? Rather awful of me I know.

An anachronistic red telephone box in Valencia (2010)
Anyway, my life has been rather a tumultuous and emotional whirlwind of late, having graduated from University only to find out that my application to continue postgraduate study had been rejected. However, due apparently to some clerical error my application was denied accidentally and so, as I discovered yesterday, I am in fact going to King's College London to do a master's degree. I actually still cannot believe that I will be going to live and study in London, something which has been a dream of mine for quite a while (well at least, I wanted to live in London for a while at some point in my life) and I never really thought it would happen. I feel somehow that I am too young, (which definitely isn't true) or not clever enough, (which I don't think is true, but I'm never quite sure) to be going somewhere like King's. What a strange situation to be in. Last night I was more excited than I usually am on Christmas Eve, and that, as they say, is really saying something. What more can I say, other than I am desperately happy, and ready to prove myself!

***

There has been some very sad news recently, firstly the death of one of my favourite artists, Lucian Freud, the horrific events in Norway and the death of Amy Winehouse. My thoughts are with the families and friends of everyone affected.



Lucian Freud, Self Portrait- Reflection 2002


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to read that (I mean the new London life). "Be careful" as parents warn but be happy :-) Didn't I ever tell you that London is my second city? I will one day :-) --- Enjoy your stay Rebecca !

    ReplyDelete