O WILD West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being | |
| Thou from whose unseen presence the leaves dead | |
| Are driven like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing, | |
| Yellow, and black, and pale, and hectic red, | |
| Pestilence-stricken multitudes! O thou | 5 |
| Who chariotest to their dark wintry bed | |
| The wingèd seeds, where they lie cold and low, | |
| Each like a corpse within its grave, until | |
| Thine azure sister of the Spring shall blow | |
| Her clarion o'er the dreaming earth, and fill | 10 |
| (Driving sweet buds like flocks to feed in air) | |
| With living hues and odours plain and hill; | |
| Wild Spirit, which art moving everywhere; | |
| Destroyer and preserver; hear, O hear! |
I am reading the Romantic poets at the moment as part of my course, and I happened across this today and thought it was very appropriate. There are other stanzas which make the political significance of the poem more explicit, but I think taken completely out of context this can serve as a very evocative image of autumn.
Another photograph I took the other day.
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment